Greetings Thakuria.

I hope you are carrying the torch of Oxomiya journalism high and bright in the international field as Assam's representative.

Thanks for sharing the appeal. Even though I don't, as a rule, indulge in 'flag-waving' of any kind and think of the pursuit in the same vein as how HG Wells viewed 'patriotism': " A mere national self-assertion, a sentimentality of flag cheering, with no constructive duties", I felt I owed a response since you were kind enough to send me a personal copy.

It seems to me that a far more useful activity for those of you who are able, would be to analyze, inform and educate the people about how such things as an armed insurgency came about from popular discontent brewing over decades in Assam and has not subsided in spite of tens of thousands of Assamese lives taken and given by and to Indian military operations spanning a quarter century; what the much touted 'democratic' governments, past and present have done ( or not done) to eradicate the causes of such discontent and how to hold what you all present to the world, by default, as the 'legitimate' government accountable; offer achievable and sustainable solutions instead of merely crying hoarse without anything to contribute.

And if you are unable to that yourself, go seek out those who can and make use of collective wisdom of the people who call Assam home, and help giving it the exposure from which the people can learn and act to change things for the better.

That would be something meaningful.

Best.

cm