Dilip-da,

It is not  a surprise ... particularly after living in
Boston for a year.
There are problems in all society/ country and people
from within the society works to resolve it.
For example, in India form early 70s to now,  the
povert has been reduced from > 50% to around 25%.

People are open to  constructive criticizm and
suggestions ,  however some people seem to be too
eager to bash India and Indians at any given
opportunity.

Also,  there are many NGOs in India working for
homeless and Child support.  One major NGO working for
homeless children is CRY.

>>In case it is a surprise, there are homeless people
>>in many cities in USA. Also there are charity
>>organizations who are helping the willing to move
>>back to shelter and work. That is an example India
>>needs to adopt.
  I know some NGOs are trying. There was an article
about help in the slums of Guwahati  in the Sunday's
Assam Tribune.
  Dilip

Krishnendu Chakraborty <krish_gau at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Check this ---
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Homeless_in_LA.jpg

I am almost convinced this is a picture of India
wrongly labelled.

Afterall, when Citizens of US are more busy
discussing issues of India, I am sure all issues of
US have already been resolved :)