Allow me to divulge a little but closely-guarded secret:

There are plenty of people --the ranks of  the citizenry --- in the
USA , far more than any place else on earth, who are discussing,
debating and resolving US problems and have been doing it far longer
than anybody else. But still more needs done, as they will always be.

That is why Latter-day-Americans ( LDAs) of Assam origins  don't need
to spend all their available time delving into American problems .
But they ARE needed to delve into  Assam's problems as caused by
Indian dysfunction as well as by itself. For if they  who know better
( not all by any means) don't point out what is not working , it will
NOT be done by the 'mera-bharat-mahan' crowd, smug in their 'unified'
India's march towards super-powerdom on the backs of the  rest left
to be exploited.

It is not about a beauty contest. It takes equals or near equals to
engage in a beauty contest.

That is the difference.

  I know it won't reduce the heart-burn of those whose mission is to
safeguard  Assam for Indian exploitation  for all times to come, but
I hope it would shed a tad bit of light on what seems to leave so
many true ambassadors of Assam  so discombobulated.