>US: A reasonable person would assume that only when you move from one place to the >other one would arrive!!

*** That is very deep . And I am not going to go near a philosophical sounding sewage pit, where one could drown in BS.

US: OK we don't have exact wind pattern graphs showing how the wind behaves after raining down on >Guwahati - where does that molecule of oxygen go after its has seen a drop of water drop down on the >flooded Guwahati -- but is it beyond imagination to see from the map ..I conclude that YOU only >studied about what happened when clouds entered Assam - but not AFTER they left .

*** Well, exact smachxact. How about an approximate one? Do you know that? If you don't, go look at the website I sent the URL of on day one in your climatological saga where you are running in place like a gerbil on a treadmill. I mean the site you called pathetic. BTW why was it pathetic? No nice pictures, only diagrams? Or did you not like the prose?

Molecule of Oxygen ? What , have you been studying Chemistry too at Wiki U? Where does the O2 molecule appear from? Does monsoon rains split an H2O molecule to O2 and H also in Assam? That is a Nobel Prize winning discovery you just made U. Next only to the perpetual motion machine of yore. Now they can compress the monsoon freed O2 for industrial use and the H for pollution free automobiles, just by going to Assam and tapping the rainwater byproduct!

I don't know what to do with you Umesh. Desi-pseudo-education has royally s****d up your mind so much so that even a whole year at Harvard can't salvage it.

OK tell me where does the rain-laden clouds go when the entire NE region suffers drought - and >western India -normally a desert has floods.

*** Allow me to help out here: It is quite simple. The moisture laden winds that go towards Assam but cannot unload the water does NOT happen at all. If it did go there it WOULD RAIN! Get it?

What happens is that due to the changing weather patterns, global warming and what-have-you, the wind patterns CHANGE! The high and low pressure areas that generate the monsoon winds shift from their usual positions. The monsoon winds that would normally head from the Bay of Bengal towards the Brahmaputra valley do not go there at all. Instead they go north-westward and rain the heck out over Dilli and Rajasthan, combined with the monsoons that originate over the Arabian sea.

It does NOT work like the tanker truck driver doubling back on its delivery route, like you understood from the pseudo-scientific account at Wiki U.

I realize you did not have what it takes to understand these things. But you are not special here. Lot of people are not attuned to such things. It ain't no abject failure, nor is it a sin.

Where you messed up was in attempting to set yourself us as someone who knows a lot about the monsoons, merely from the literal readings of an Wiki account written not by a scientifically trained person but perhaps by an ad agency copywriter who probably graduated from a desi school/college sporting the name of some Christian saint.

I hope that helps, and hope you learned a lesson never to forget.