Cear Hazarika,
You also like Umesh Sharma batter you join World Bank-
your next door  OR
Come to us-we will reeducate you to re-educate Indian
Politicians.
Rubi

--- shantikam hazarika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> It is intriguing that Arabinda Rajkhowa has
> responded to a World Bank study, not to queries
> raised by his own kith and kin. If his contention
> would have been correct, there would have been
> widespread support to their movement. Patriotism and
> faith in sovereignty and independence driving youths
> to the "struggle" (actually killing of innocent
> lives and renegating Assam's growth and development)
> is too far fetched to carry any conviction.
> Parroting 'colonialism, colonialism' is now outdated
> and even the communists have discarded this word
> long ago.
>
> Shantikam Hazarika
> Director,
> Assam Institute of Management
> PO Box 30, GUWAHATI 781001, India
> HOME PAGE: www.aimguwahati.edu.in
>

> Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 09:55:23 +0000From:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [Assam] ULFA&#8217;s
REJOINDER

reporthttp://in.news.yahoo.com/071022/48/6m9n4.htmlULFA&#8217;s
> REJOINDERThe above article posted by one
&#8216;IE&#8217;
> onassamnet.org on October 23 is obviously an attempt
> tomanipulate the study titled &#8220;Who Benefits
> fromCivil Wars? Some Evidence from Assam&#8221;,
> reportedto have been carried out for the World Bank,
> so as toundermine the historic reasons for the
> nationalstruggle to regain the sovereign
> independence of Asom.Quoting from the World Bank
> report, may be out ofcontext, about the
&#8220;direct
> nexus&#8221; betweenthe Asom-India conflict and a
> &#8216;weakeconomy&#8217; betrays the ulterior motif
> divertthe core issue of our sovereignty and
> independence tothat of a &#8216;weak economy&#8217;
implying
> therebythat effective measures to strengthen the
> economy willtake the wind out of our struggle.
> Certainly, as hadhappened in any colonial situation,
> the percentage ofunemployment in Asom is also very
> high under Indiancolonial occupation. But this does
> not necessarilyundermine the primary importance of
> the historicreasons that propels our struggle
> forward, though thecolonial economy convince our
> people that the nationalstruggle is also their
> struggle for existence.Therefore, the primary source
> of motivation for theyouth of Asom impelling them
> join the nationalstruggle is patriotism and the
> faith in oursovereignty and independence. A weak
> economy and theresultant unemployment and corruption
> are generalphenomenon in any colonial situation. As
> such, it isthe colonial situation that gave rise to
> the nationalliberation struggle of Asom, not just
> the&#8220;direct nexus&#8221; between
the&#8220;conflict&#8221; and the

reporthttp://in.news.yahoo.com/071022/48/6m9n4.htmlBy