Ruby,

Come and join your ULFA fellow members in Indan jail and there get an education
which will cure you. Healing will take more time. It seems thats the only way
you will improve -- in a correctional facility or penitentiary - the other
names for jails.

Umesh

ulfa_ 1979April7 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Cear Hazarika,
You also like Umesh Sharma batter you join World Bank-
your next door  OR
Come to us-we will reeducate you to re-educate Indian
Politicians.
Rubi

--- shantikam hazarika
wrote:

> It is intriguing that Arabinda Rajkhowa has
> responded to a World Bank study, not to queries
> raised by his own kith and kin. If his contention
> would have been correct, there would have been
> widespread support to their movement. Patriotism and
> faith in sovereignty and independence driving youths
> to the "struggle" (actually killing of innocent
> lives and renegating Assam's growth and development)
> is too far fetched to carry any conviction.
> Parroting 'colonialism, colonialism' is now outdated
> and even the communists have discarded this word
> long ago.
>
> Shantikam Hazarika
> Director,
> Assam Institute of Management
> PO Box 30, GUWAHATI 781001, India
> HOME PAGE: www.aimguwahati.edu.in
>

> Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 09:55:23 +0000From:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [Assam] ULFA’s
REJOINDER

reporthttp://in.news.yahoo.com/071022/48/6m9n4.htmlULFA’s
> REJOINDERThe above article posted by one
‘IE’
> onassamnet.org on October 23 is obviously an attempt
> tomanipulate the study titled “Who Benefits
> fromCivil Wars? Some Evidence from Assam”,
> reportedto have been carried out for the World Bank,
> so as toundermine the historic reasons for the
> nationalstruggle to regain the sovereign
> independence of Asom.Quoting from the World Bank
> report, may be out ofcontext, about the
“direct
> nexus” betweenthe Asom-India conflict and a
> ‘weakeconomy’ betrays the ulterior motif
> divertthe core issue of our sovereignty and
> independence tothat of a ‘weak economy’
implying
> therebythat effective measures to strengthen the
> economy willtake the wind out of our struggle.
> Certainly, as hadhappened in any colonial situation,
> the percentage ofunemployment in Asom is also very
> high under Indiancolonial occupation. But this does
> not necessarilyundermine the primary importance of
> the historicreasons that propels our struggle
> forward, though thecolonial economy convince our
> people that the nationalstruggle is also their
> struggle for existence.Therefore, the primary source
> of motivation for theyouth of Asom impelling them
> join the nationalstruggle is patriotism and the
> faith in oursovereignty and independence. A weak
> economy and theresultant unemployment and corruption
> are generalphenomenon in any colonial situation. As
> such, it isthe colonial situation that gave rise to
> the nationalliberation struggle of Asom, not just
> the“direct nexus” between
the“conflict” and the

reporthttp://in.news.yahoo.com/071022/48/6m9n4.htmlBy
> IE Tuesday October 23, 01:45 AM The on-going
> conflict in Assam, that claimed over4,400 lives
> between 1992 and 2001, has a "directnexus" with a
> weak economy, making it easier formilitant groups to
> find "young recruits", a studycarried out under the
> aegis of World Bank hasconfirmed. The study titled
> "Who benefits from Civil Wars? Someevidence from
> Assam", pointed out that unemployment,especially
> among the youth, showed disturbing trendsin the
> 1990s, which in turn had adverse implicationsfor the
> persistence of conflict. "The number of unemployed
> youths in Assam registeredsharpest rise among 15
> major states, between 1983 and1993," the report
> said, pointing out that by 1993-94(when Army
> operations against militants were in fullswing),
> "the number of unemployed youths in Assam wasabout
> three times higher than the rest of India". The
> argument of "easy recruitment" of potential rebelsis
> indirectly supported by this data, the study
> said.The study was carried for the World Bank by
> DeepaNarayan, Binayak Sen and Ashutosh Varshney. The
> study also pointed out that though there wereseveral
> historic reasons behind the on-going conflictin the
> state, the employment situation
> severelydeteriorated, particularly in the rural
> areas, duringthe course of the conflict. "Though the
> level of ruralunemployment had been lower than that
> in urban areasduring the year of conflict, it is in
> the rural areasthat the sharpest increase in
> unemployment wasrecorded," the study revealed. The
> rural population was more affected during
> theintensified phase of conflict between 1983 and
> 1993,the report said, with statistics showing that
> thenumber of rural poor increased sharply from 73.53
> lakhin 1987-88 to 94.33 lakh in 1993-94. There have
> been some signs of improvement in theoverall
> employment scenario from 2000 onwards, but
> thesituation is yet to reach any turn-around, the
> studysaid. On the "nexus" between weak economy and
> conflict, thestudy revealed that nearly 75 per cent
> of therespondents in conflict-affected areas
> reported thattheir village had a "weak" to "very
> weak" localeconomy. But what is more alarming is the
> increasing level ofcorruption that itself could be a
> factor responsiblefor the underdevelopment or slow
> pace of developmentin the state. "Corruption in
> local government officesmarked a turn for the worse.
> Respondents in more than65 per cent of the
> communities surveyed agreed thatgovernment officials
> in their village andneighbourhood were corrupt," the
> study said.
> SharmaWashington D.C. 1-202-215-4328 [Cell]Ed.M. -
> International Education PolicyHarvard Graduate
> School of Education,Harvard University,Class of
> 2005http://www.uknow.gse.harvard.edu/index.html (Edu
> info)http://hbswk.hbs.edu/ (Management Info)
>

> Yahoo! Answers - Get better answers from someone who
> knows. Try it now.

Umesh Sharma

www.gse.harvard.edu/iep  (where the above 2 are used )
http://harvardscience.harvard.edu/