Dear Mr Chakraborty

  HIDING THE FACE OF THE WOMAN IS NOT THE SOLUTION. WILL YOU AGREE TO SUCH A
SOLUTION IF THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR OWN SISTER OR MOTHER OR ANY RELATIVE ?

  Regards
  Muktikam Phukan

Krishnendu Chakraborty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Unless I am mistaken, ALL media reports blurred the
face of the lady to hide identity. Exposing such
henious acts are not a Assam/India media phenomenon
but is done by media all over world.

What is the allegation against media ---

1) That they exposed a crime

2) That it gave Assam a bad publicity

3) That the lady (whose identity is not disclosed by
the photograph) has been insulted

Seeing all the posts in this forum, I suspect it is
number 2 above.

But then, had media not exposed it, would there been
such swift action from GOA. The GOA was earlier trying
to cover it up as a minor incident.
The Assam Police already mentiond that they have
identified the culprits from the media footage.

If someone can prove that what media showed is
false/fabricated, I am all with him in blaming media
but this does not seem to be the case here.

Yes, it gave a negative publicity to Assam but that
was NOT because of Media's fault .... it was because
of our Government's fault. The incident could have
been controlled much earlier had the police force been
active.

To dilute the situation, there are already comments by
some that the Adivasi's were inebriated, or that why
they should demand such things in Assam.
All set aside, there cannot be any justification to
such barbaric act .. period.

BTW, does someone know what happened to Barnali rape
case ..... a child who was raped and murdered by some
Network travel employees?

>>Media always exposes such incidents be it Assam or
Abu Ghraib. I thought it is duty of Media.

>> TIMESNOW has not shown any footage of the stripped
woman but reported the news with heavy condemnation.
In fact Arnab >>Goswami has raised a very pertinent
question -

>> "HAS ANYONE TAKEN THE PERMISSION OF THE LADY
BEFORE SHOWING HER NAKED PHOTOS ? ARE WE NOT ADDING
FURTHER INSULT TO THE >>ALREADY INSULTED POOR WOMAN ?"

        Muktikam Phukan
  Deputy Director (NR)
  Petroleum Conservation Research Association
  Sanrakshan Bhawan,10, Bhikaiji Cama Place,New Delhi 110066
  Ph: +91 11 26198856 Ext 385, Mob: +91 9818598565
  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] , [EMAIL PROTECTED]