Chandan Da

  Matir Manooh is by Hitesh Deka, as confirmed by Paresh Malakar of Anwesha.
  Mati Aru Manooh to my belief is a translated piece and a Russian one at that.
Like you, I have not read Pearl S Buck's Good Earth and there the characters'
names are not what you say. And I am sure we did not have PSB's translated work
at our place, only the English ones. Paresh says he'll trace the book if it was
there in the first place.

Chan Mahanta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Very apt indeed. Never came across it myself. Very similar to
Dhulikona Moi by the late Chandradhar Barua.

c-da

Uttam Kumar Borthakur