Well, Mridul

Technically that would mean (I suppose) that India cannot operate flights in
a fog or even during poor visibility conditions at night to a great extent.

My guess is that for ILS both the runways and having trained pilots are
required. I think all major aircrafts are already equipped with ILS.

Each of the major airports have at least one runway for international
flights to land and take off during the night.

BTW, I did see a number of "foreign" pilots operating local Indian flights.
They must be trying to make up the shortage of trained ILS pilots.