You do speak some truth here Kamal. I agree there have been such
'experts', not only lecturing Assam, but also giving Assam's
know-nothing and do-nothing governments 'expert advice', heaven only
knows for what.

>( looking at their occupational profile and expertise level ),

**** That is an accurate observation. Not necessarily an universal
truth--there ARE exceptions, but as a rule it stands.

>  >Our coffee-table
>discussion may go on and on but nothing significant/ good will come out of
it.

**** But I disagree on the above and also  about:

>  >particularly keeping American
scenario at the backdrop)

If NRAs from America speak about their experiences in America or
about what they learnt in America, that is NOT irrelevant. Not all
talk also is 'lecturing' --we have to be careful with the words and
phrases we use to characterize them, just as RAs like Swapnil do too.
The point is that we must be careful about making broad-brush
judgements culled from tiny samples. I realize that is a part of the
desi-culture that most of us still suffer from, not just RAs, NRAs
too.

>  >The Asomiya emigres don't teach their descendants how to
>speak their native language and the same Asomiyas talk of soaking Asomiya '
nisukoni geet' in salt and vinegar for preservation-----just in case
!!! A strange lot indeed.

**** I have trouble with Asom . What in the heck  is it,
khai-ne-kaanot-pindhe'? How is it pronounced? Like perhaps as in Atom
? You didn't mean Oxom here did you :-)?

Also, the example really has nothing to do with what a kharkhowa
emigre can contribute or not to Assam's welfare.