From: Alpana B. Sarangapani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [Assam] Grumbling GAME
<assam@assamnet.org>, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Tuesday, 8 July, 2008, 8:50 PM

#yiv234579139 .hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;padding:0px;}
#yiv234579139 {
FONT-SIZE:10pt;FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma;}

I was in the process of collecting some courage to say the same thing. :)
It was disheartening to read that coming from a person like Uttam.

“In order to make spiritual progress you must be patient like a tree and humble
like a blade of grass.”

> Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 08:46:46 -0500
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; assam@assamnet.org; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [Assam] Grumbling GAME
>
> Unfortunately, you too are indulging in the same superficial and
> silly stereotyping.
>
> Give your sisters/brothers and cousins from Assam SOME credit. They
> hardly fit the type you describe. Actually I don't know ANY that
> does, even though there might be one here ands there.

> >and 'expert
> >cousins' are, in fact,capable of casting a magic spell in the
> >economic and intellectual
> >development of Asom.
> >

> >That is history. This perception has changed with the fall of the
> >dollar and the availability of commodities worldwide and increased
> >ease of communication. The 'natives' read as middle-class had such
> >thoughts earlier, and now their view has undergone a change.( For
> >the poor the shine of the dollar never had any meaning as
> >such) . There is a joke doing the rounds now: such a cousin who
> >visits now a days is restrained from footing the restaurant bill, he
> >is showered with gifts of nikes, adidas, raybans, gucci, .... by the
> >Indian cousins, he is taken around in airconditioned car of german/
> >us/japanese/korean make, he has to wear the seat-belts too and so he
> >goes back dismayed that he could not prove his point that he was
> >justified in migrating to a better land!
> >
> >Uttam Kumar Borthakur

Use video conversation to talk face-to-face with Windows Live Messenger. Get
started.

      Get an email ID as [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED] Click here
http://in.promos.yahoo.com/address