KC,

Even in Texas, there are court buildings with the 10 Commandments.

The greater issue is that media channels like Fox or any number of the
conservative talk shows, and even senators & congressmen/women are regularly
on the media spewing one form hatred (or prejudice) or another. And these
folks are supposedly the intellectuals of the country.

Most will skillfully maneuver themselves just short of existing laws (or
societal principles).

The lighting of Christmas trees is akin to ground-breaking pujas and could
be termed 'cultural'.

--Ram da