Title: Re: [Assam] From the ToI/US denies visa to Modi-some more
Bravado such as this and as expressed by Ram would mean anything only if one can deliver. Otherwise it is another round of blowing hot-air. If anybody could have registered a serious protest, it would have been AAHOA and Mike Patel, with their lobbying clout with the Republican administration. Their very unceremonious quick-change ought to send a signal, that India , so unfortunately once again, staked its reputation on a very very bad cause.  India has everything to lose and nothing to gain from this. Inability to recognize Modi's utter contempt for the rule of law and being able not only to get away with it, but even making hay out of it, as would have -- had he gotten that US visa, is yet another ignominious failure of Indian democratic values.

At 9:39 AM +0530 3/21/05, mridul bhuyan wrote:
Yes, I agree. India, can very well take a strong stance on this issue and I am happy that the Govt. of India is doing that irrespective of Congress being in power. If the US is thinking of playing the role of big brother, I advise them to forget it. India is too big a country and too big a market for US to ignore.
Regards
Mridul
>From: "Ram Sarangapani" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>CC: assam@pikespeak.uccs.edu
>Subject: Re: [Assam] From the ToI/US denies visa to Modi-some more
>Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 14:54:06 +0000

Buying a PC? Get peace of mind with it! Buy from MS Assurance Circle!