>---- Rajen pulls things out of his hat and therfore cannot be trusted.

*** I did not say any such thing. But if the shoe fits :-).

> BTW, I did not get your point of your whole message other than trying to
>show that----

*** The rest were in response to Ram's insinuations. Nothing there for Rajen
to be worried about :-).

Did you try to say anything? Are you trying to say that Tamil Tigers are doing
it because they donot believe in religion?
> From: "Rajen Barua" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2005/05/18 Wed PM 05:25:27 EDT
> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,  "Ram Sarangapani" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>         "Roy, Santanu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> CC: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,  "Dilip/Dil Deka" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>         "ASSAMNETCOLORADO" <assam@pikespeak.uccs.edu>
> Subject: Re: Re: [Assam] It takes a village?
>
> > BTW, Islam expressly prohibits suicide. Rajen's assertion to the contrary
is
> > another assertion thast he pulled out of his hat.
>

> Yes, I realize I am wrong in saying that suicide is permitted in Islam.
Suicide is prohibited in Islam more categorically than in Hinduism may be.
And I take the blame of your charge. That is my slip. I should not have said
so.

> But the question remains which I asked: how then these SB derive strength
for their point of SB in spite of such prohibition in religion. The answer is
people twist Religion always to their side, by pass it wherever possible,
whether it is the Muslim or the Christians or the Hindus.

> I think this is how they do it by the Suicide Bombers in Islam.
>
> In the Palestinian territories, those who support suicide bombing claim that
it is merely a tactic of war in defense of their land and homes.  Living under
siege, and without the superior weaponry of their opponent, they see it as a
heroic act of martyrdom, not suicide.  In Israel, these attacks have usually
been perpetrated by young men (and less often, women) who have lived their
entire lives under humiliating occupation.  In their point of view, it is a
final
act of resistance, stemming from desperation. It is not Suicide Bombing which
the infidels may call. Now once you do that, you are back to square one. And
if you go one step, they will say they are doing it just to defend Islam.

> That is my point.
>
> BTW, I did not get your point of your whole message other than trying to
show that Rajen pulls things out of his hat and therfore cannot be trusted.
Did you try to say anything? Are you trying to say that Tamil Tigers are doing
it because they donot believe in religion?

> Rajen

SriLanka. If I
> > am noit mistaken, they preceded the Plestinians by several years. But
even if I
> > am mistaken on that front, the two grouops that used suicide bombing
> > extensively were the Hindu Tamil Tigers and the Islamic Palestib nians.
> >
> > BTW, Islam expressly prohibits suicide. Rajen's assertion to the contrary
is
> > another assertion thast he pulled out of his hat.
> >
> > cm
> >

> > > From: Ram Sarangapani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > Date: 2005/05/18 Wed PM 12:53:15 EDT
> > > To: "Roy, Santanu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > CC: Rajen Barua <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,  [EMAIL PROTECTED],
> > >         Dilip/Dil Deka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> > >         ASSAMNETCOLORADO <assam@pikespeak.uccs.edu>
> > > Subject: Re: [Assam] It takes a village?

in
> > suicide >bombing because their religion asks them to ..
> > desperation as >any other violent insurgency movement.
> > >
> > > Of course, there is the political angle and the desperation. But in
> > > the end, Palestinian or other jehadi types in our won backyard never
> > > fail to invoke the teachings of the Koran to kill infidels. The
> > > promise of virgins in heaven has been quoted very often (I would think
> > > its from the Koran) - I will find the exact passages if you want.

> > >keeping himself or herself safe relative to someone who kills himself or
> > herself in >the process.
> > >
> > > I agree, and I never made it out to be one. All I said was that there
> > > is a difference.
> > > That reason, is that one is driven by religious zeal (and political
> > > desperation), while the other out of some political desperation, and
> > > very little of that religious zeal.
> > >
> > > When Indians and Pakistanis go to war, for Indians its not 'Kaali mai
> > > ki jai', its about Kashmir, about politics etc. But for Pakistanis,
> > > its "Allah ho Akbar', Jihad, and then about Kashmir, territory.
> > >
> > > The closest any other religion came to religious war during the
crusades.

> > > Maybe you can explain what the word "Jihad" means. If its all politics
> > > and desperation, why all the fuss about a 'holy war' or jihad?
> > >
> > > I am not making moral judgements here. Just saying that reasons for
> > > insurgencies are different  -- some fight for God & country, while
> > > others for country only.

in
> > suicide bombing because their religion asks them to and in the case of
> > "others", its a matter of "sheer desperation or making a political
statement".
> > Islamic terrorism is as much of a political movement founded in
desperation
> > as any other violent insurgency movement.
> > keeping himself or herself safe relative to someone who kills himself or
> > herself in the process.

Gandhi

Emperor

> > Hinduism