I checked the balance sheet numbers on Assam
Government website and did not find any indicators. I
think one would accept if you used numbers and sources
for those numbers instead of just referring to Sanjib
Baruah.

> Assam has been and continuing to pay huge
> assessments for deployment of the
> armed forces, not just the CRPF. I don't have the
> exact numbers or
> the percentage of the total costs to the forces, but
> enough to hold
> Assam tottering at the edge of bankruptcy for
> decades. Had it been a

What exactly is huge amounts? Without numbers in hand,
all this talk is weightless opinion.

> the poor-house. Combined that with Indian
> governmental/economic
> system that requires to maintain huge numbers of
> people in its
> payroll, work or no work; that the Assam Govt.
> faithfully emulates,

Now that is worth a laugh. Because different states
have gone forward with different models - many have
kept relatively leaner governments. The center does
not exactly hold a gun to the state governments to
recruit people into the government. Incidentally, the
center is the leanest of the governments.

And sure enough, the insurgencies of 25 years adding
up to nothing, has also made sure there is nothing
much else in terms of private sector jobs to look
forward to. Did Sanjib Baruah also mention how much we
have lost in terms of jobs in the private sector
because of insurgencies?