Another thing to check is the LOCK or UNLOCK status by issuing the PROFILE
command with no parameters on the ISPF command line while in edit on one of
the affected members:
=PROF> ....JCL (FIXED - 80)....RECOVERY ON....NUMBER
OFF..........................
=PROF> ....CAPS ON....HEX OFF....NULLS ON STD....TABS ON
`........................
=PROF> ....AUTOSAVE ON....AUTONUM OFF....AUTOLIST OFF....STATS
ON.................
=PROF> ....PROFILE UNLOCK....IMACRO NONE....PACK OFF....NOTE
ON...................
=PROF> ....HILITE OFF CURSOR
FIND.................................................
=TABS> -         *   *
 *
=COLS>

If you set the profile the way you want it, and then issue PROFILE LOCK.
 Changes you make during an individual edit session will then not affect the
saved version of the profile and should always start an edit session with
the saved profile settings.  If you have UNLOCK then a change made during
one session may affect your later sessions.

--Roger