I do my major coding on my pc using the Dignus Assembler. I was moving
some working source code to z/VM where production assemblies are
performed and am having trouble finding the correct optcode table for
the following instructions:
CHSI
MVHHI
CHHSI

We have the following HLASM installed:
HLASM R5.0  2011    (PTF UK31916)

I have tried:
YOP
ZOP
ZS3

ZS4 does not work on our HLASM.

First, what is the correct OPTABLE() setting for these instructions?

Second, I thought the halfword-Imm instructions were available all the
way back to the MP3000 days. Am I wrong?

Third, in the assembler manual, they state: "The operation codes
supported by High Level Assembler are described in the documents listed
under “Related Publications (Architecture)” on page 451." Which manual
in that section is it refereeing to? None of them seem correct from the
title.

--

Tony Thigpen