>Not evil, just can't use them since the customer may not have the
>hardware support. The current program I am working on requires z/VSE 4
>so I was attempting to use some of the halfword-imm stuff. I just picked
>the wrong instructions. So, again, back to using old instructions.

I'm curious. Are there actually customers out there who are running a
machine that is older than the minimum required for OS/390 R10 (namely
machines which support the initial relative/immediate support)?
We know that such customers would not be running a supported level of
z/OS, but they might be running something other than z/OS, or something
that is no longer supported.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design