On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 10:51:53 -0500, <afg0...@videotron.ca> wrote:

>Original Message From: "Joe Owens"
>>Your EODAD routine looks like a potential problem.
>>The access method calls
>>your EODAD inside the get.
>
>That's BIG news to me, since when is that so?

It isn't so.

<quote from Using Data Sets>
You can treat your EODAD routine as a subroutine (and
end by branching on register 14) or as a continuation
of the routine that issued the CHECK, GET or FEOV macro.

The EODAD routine generally is not regarded as being a
subroutine. After control passes to your EODAD routine,
you can continue normal processing, such as repositioning
and resuming processing of the data set, closing the data
set, or processing another data set.
</quote>

And the contents of register 14:
<quote>
Contains the address after a GET or CHECK as these macros
generate a branch and link to the access method routines.
FEOV is an SVC. Register 14 will contain what is contained
at the time the FEOV was issued.
</quote>

--
Tom Marchant