On Sun, 3 Jun 2012 12:38:07 -0400 Scott Ford <scott_j_f...@yahoo.com> wrote:

:>John,
:>
:>In am far from a Luddite , but I think you have to have need, i.e. project or
task to want to change code. My need is a rather large exit we use for RACF. I
inherited the exit , so I am trying to
:>Incorporate modern methods and functionality in our code. When your making
money off your code , like we do as a vendor , you look at things differently
and IMHO you have a responsibility to your customers, yes we are very customer
sensitive.

Very well put. You cannot force customers to upgrade, and you must enhance if
you want the maintenance revenue stream.

Academics are free to postulate otherwise.