From: Martin Truebner
Sent: Friday, 2 November 2012 5:23 AM

However named, this is a hashing scheme.

Okay - If converting a number from a system based on whatever to
a system based on a different number is hashing......

maybe my english needs amending

Long established number-theoretic results then predict clustering  of
these  hash values at the prime divisors of a composite m.

I do not argue that and I understand the value of prime numbers, but I
highly doubt that the simple occurrence of a divide operation does
automatically make the conversion a hashing algorithm.

It does, really truly.
Hashing is a means of transforming some value in whatever form
to another form, in order that it may be used as an index.