-----Original Message -----
 From: Don Higgins
 Sent: 10/24/2013 06:50 AM
All

I see discussion about optimizing the binary search, but I don't see any
discussion about optimizing linear search which might make it much faster
than binary depending on the search history.  Putting the last key found at
front of most recently used list or just holding last found as a first test
may result in significant reduction in total search compares if there are
frequent repeat requests.

Don Higgins

d...@higgins.net