From: "Tony Thigpen" <t...@vse2pdf.com>
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2013 8:43 AM

After a couple of posts about my post, I will go back to my point.

You can only binary search a fixed length table.

Nonsense.
The table for the code that I posted previouisly consisted
of varying-length strings.

If you create an index
table, the index table is the actual table being searched, not the
original table.

Now, Robert does have mention a neet trick where the fixed table
contains a refference pointer to the actual data to be compared. But,
the pointer table is still a fixed length table. :-)

You just can't binary search a variable length table.

Rubbish.  And the code to do it was written and published pre-1970.