On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 1:56 PM, Tony Thigpen <t...@vse2pdf.com> wrote:

> Does anybody know of a list of instructions with what model processor
> they were first available on?
>
> --
> Tony Thigpen

Part of the answer can be figured out from here:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/zos/v1r12/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.zos.r12.cbcux01%2Farchcop.htm
This is a page from the C/C++ compiler which relates the ARCH compile
option to physical boxes. Now, combine that with the output you can get
from HLASM's MACHINE= option (
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/ASMI1020/A.2.30)
with the MACHINELIST= option (which lists all the instructions
available
on the specified MACHINE= level), you can parse it together. I am not sure,
but I think that the PoPS also indicates the architecture level required
for each instruction, at the end of the section on that instruction.

--
This is clearly another case of too many mad scientists, and not enough
hunchbacks.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown