There's also MVCOS (with zero in R00 for problem state code). It also uses
2 extra registers (R00, plus a length register).  I heard it was also quite
slow compared to MVC, but not sure how it's performance compares to an
executed MVC (or a MVC loop, plus a final executed MVC).
Excluding setup, it's only a single instruction for variable length moves
up to 4K.

Robert Ngan
CSC Financial Services Group

IBM Mainframe Assembler List <ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> wrote on