Well if that's the design, then the design is an ass.  But I don't see how
that's the case, as the manual says otherwise.

I finally found Robert Ngan's nearly identical post from 2 years ago, and
several older ones, too.  There was one reference that implied IBM won't
fix it because of "compatibility" issues.  Frankly, that sounds like a
cop-out; it would be more understandable to just say that it's not a high
enough priority yet.

And IBM hasn't bothered to update the manual either.  Sheesh.

Google was not my friend today.  Apparently, the assembler-list archives
aren't Googleable.

Is there an outstanding SHARE req. for this?

sas

--
sas