I fail to see how sequence numbers make editing easier or how
they make finding/fixing errors easier.I’m pretty certain that HLASM error
messages are unambiguous in the way they indicate the provenance of problematic
source code statements.No doubt Sisyphus would have been compelled to use
sequence numbers if he maintained code instead of a rock.
Keven

                Get Outlook for iOS

I find them far more irritating than useful.