   OC    MY_TAG,=C'    '

I would have to set my editor a little different when viewing dumps, but it may work better than the original MVCIN thought. (I normally use "case mixed ignore" in XEDIT.)

Tony Thigpen

Paul Gilmartin wrote on 10/24/20 4:27 PM:
On 2020-10-24, at 13:48:42, Charles Mills wrote:

There's another macro exercise. Given MYBLKHDR,'EYECATCH' to generate MVI
MYBLKHDR,C'E'/MVC MYBLKHDR+1(L'MYBLKHDR-1),=C'YECATCH'

An immediate instructions also "solves" my eyecatcher compare query,
lamenting the lack of "CLCIN."
Yes.

CLI for the first character followed by a CLC for the remainder would have
the advantage that probably more than 9 times out of 10 the CLI would be
sufficient.
I had imagined that the OP planned to search not with a program
but intereactively in a browser.

How likely are false positives?  Are there any characters to avoid
perhaps because they might be likely in Packed decimal values.