Gil,

It is a personal preference of mine to never edit an assembler source with lower-case turned on. I just do not like mixed case assembler source.

While Xedit has a lot more flexibility, especially when it comes to locating something in the file, it always respects the SET CASE options or 'respect' or 'ignore':

Tony Thigpen

Paul Gilmartin wrote on 10/24/20 5:22 PM:
On 2020-10-24, at 15:06:32, Tony Thigpen wrote:

I kinda like the concept, but a lot of literals we use are just 4 characters,
so it does not scale down easily.
???  "scale"?

One of the other thoughts mentioned was lower-case vs. upper-case. Maybe a
macro that accepts upper-case, but stores it as lower-case, then ORs it with
x40 when moving it:
TAGIT MY_TAG,ABCD
that generates:
   MVC   MY_TAG,=C'abcd'
   OC    MY_TAG,=C'    '
Why bother?  Enter it as C'abcd'.  Easily enough done with "case mixed ignore".

I would have to set my editor a little different when viewing dumps, but it may work
better than the original MVCIN thought. (I normally use "case mixed ignore" in
XEDIT.)
Has XEDIT nothing like ISPF's "find c'ABCD'" with does a case-sensitive
search regardless of the CAPS setting?

-- gil