From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List [ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] on behalf
of Paul Gilmartin [00000014e0e4a59b-dmarc-requ...@listserv.uga.edu]
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2021 6:02 PM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: z/Architecture Principles of Operation pdf

On Nov 14, 2021, at 14:52:12, Charles Mills wrote:

> Well, not sure it's sensible but "z Architecture" is not a "feature of z/OS."

Yes, but still a hyperlink would be useful.

> Yes, yes, of course, not very sensible. z/OS only runs on one type of
> hardware, and any assembler developer interested in z/OS is interested in how
> the hardware works.

Even less sensible is that SuperC comes with either ISPF or HLASM TK
with separate manuals.  The M&C differ largely in messages prefixes
and degree of obsolescence.  When I suggested in these lists that
SuperC be made a single dependent FMID, applicable to either product,
with a uniform component prefix, an IBM representative replied that
Would be contrary to Company Policy.