Using XCF Note Pad might very well be a good choice.  I *think* the
service was introduced in z/OS 1.13, and enhanced in z/OS 2.2

Here are some links to a SHARE presentation from 2013 which
describes the facility a bit and offers an example of how SAP has
exploited it.

https://share.confex.com/share/120/webprogram/Handout/Session13083/XCF%20Note%20Pad%20Slides%202013%20Feb.pdf
https://share.confex.com/share/120/webprogram/Handout/Session13083/XCF%20Note%20Pad%20Handout%20%202013%20Feb.pdf

The facility is described in the following IBM pubs for z/OS 2.2

SA23-1399-03 z/OS MVS Setting Up a Sysplex
Chapter 6. Planning XCF Note Pad Services in a sysplex

SA38-0658-02 z/OS MVS Programming:  Sysplex Services Reference
Chapter 17. IXCNOTE — XCF Note Pad Interface

SA23-1400-03 z/OS MVS Programming:  Sysplex Services Guide
Chapter 12. Using Note Pad Services (IXCNOTE)

I was in the process of composing a note about using the IARVSERV facility
which permits shared access to Private Area and Data Space storage among
cooperating address spaces, and which does not require elevated privileges
(for example: Supervisor State; System Key; APF Authorization) for its use.
One of the issues with IARVSERV is that the default amount of storage that
can be shared is rather small (sixteen 4K pages); system exit IEFUSI can be
used to increase this amount up to 2**31.  And, of course, the storage is
shared on a given z/OS system -- it is not cross system.

Bob