GrayHat wrote:
> that assp is on windows... I saw such an issue in some previous
> versions, upon startup assp got somewhat "stuck" eating up CPU
> but apparently doing nothing, and, after a while it eventually died
> in my case just killing the process and restarting it did the trick, at
> any rate, I suspect it may be related to some "file loading" issue,
> or to a somewhat "screwed" config file; that's why I suggested to
> try renaming the config file and the "pb" folder to see if, after that,
> assp was able to start regularly

thx for your reply - indeed it's on a windows enviroment so it was not about
perms.
although your tipp didn't work it lead me into the right direction. with a
plain assp.cfg the service started without any problem, debugging the
assp.cfg line-by-line with the old one showed that
"denySMTPConnectionsFrom:=file:files/denysmtp.txt" seems to be the problem.
i've no idea about the specific problem within the file (and why it worked
with previous versions) but without it everything seems to work as expected.

maybe someone can drop a link to a working files/denysmtp.txt

anyway: thanks for the help so far, really appreciated :-)

regards from germany
andreas <larsneo>