> yepp, i noticed when checking the various archives. no idea where i
got
> the current file from but i've changed the content of "denysmtp.txt"
> the IP-blacklist from http://www.whitehat.ch/bogon/bogon-ips.html and
added the
> bogon-ips from there to denyalways.txt and everything seems to work as
> expected.

Uhm ... no, the denyalways should contain this list

http://www.spamhaus.org/drop/index.lasso

optionally you may then add some custom IPs, on
the other hand the "denyfrom" may be considered
a "custom list" to which you may add the IP/blocks
you don't want to receive connections from (e.g.
since they are known spammers) also, you may just
setup the penaltybox to export "extreme" IPs on a
*separate* file (don't point the export file to the same
file used for "denyfrom") and use that file by manually
(or through a script) update your "denyfrom" list

About the "bogons", connection from those IPs in my own
experience are rare, but if you want to ensure that you won't
ever get emails from such IPs, instead of using a static list
which takes up memory and which, due to the somewhat
dynamic nature of bogons will need to be updated ofter,
you may just add "bogons.cymru.com" to your DNSBLs

HTH