From: GrayHat [mailto:gray...@gmx.net]
Sent: 07 April 2009 15:43
To: ASSP development mailing list
Subject: Re: [Assp-test] 1.5.1.2 - Many Connection Idle - timeout

> I am running ASSP Version: 1.5.1.2(0.0.03) on Windows with active
state
> PERL 5.10.0 IO::SOCKET::SSL is at version 1.22 which is the latest I

temporary "patch" to debug the program:

open assp.pl using an editor, locate line #3169, it should read:

 print DEBUG "$time <$debugprint>\n";

add a blank line after the above, and write the following

 w32dbg("(DEBUG) <$debugprint>");

the resulting code should read

eval(
    q[sub d {
 my $time=gmtime(); $time=~s/... (...) +(\d+) (........) ..(..)/$2 $1 $4
$3/;
 my $debugprint = $_[0];
 $debugprint =~ s/\n//;
 $debugprint =~ s/\r//;
 $debugprint =~ s/\s+$//;
 print DEBUG "$time <$debugprint>\n";
 w32dbg("(DEBUG) <$debugprint>");
 }]
) if $DEBUG;

now save the file, don't restart assp yet, to view the debug
output, download the dbgview program you'll find here

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896647.aspx

extract the files to whatever folder, stop assp and run "dbgview.exe"
open the "edit -> filter/highlight" menu and ensure that the "include"
box contains "(ASSP)" (and nothing else), click ok to confirm
now start assp again, the dbgview console will show you the assp
regular log *AND* the debug output (if you enabled debugging)
let it run as needed and, when desired, just stop the capture (use
the "capture" menu) and save the output to a file

As a note, if you need to trace the code, just adding calls to the
"w32dbg" sub will allow you to show trace messages into the
debugview GUI

HTH