Hi,

thanks LOTS for all your helpful information and assistance! So much
appreciated!

I tried the vrfy approach and enabled vrfy on my MTA. A telnet from
localhost worked fine (of course enabled the block from outside option
in assp).

However as soon as I set LocalAddresses_Flat to '' and LocalDomains to
file:files/domains.txt ( a file containing entries (one per line) as
suggested as @mydomain.com=>vrfyhost:port, which is in my case looks
like @example.com=>localhost:25000), it seems as if  ANY recipient
mailaddress is considered "ok" by assp

"to: dasdfas...@example.com message ok  -> /usr/share/assp/notspam/xxx.eml"

This is the same when I set both, LocalAddresses_Flat to a file which
contains @example.com=>localhost:25000 and  set LocalDomains to the file
that contains *example.com=>localhost:25000

When I only set LocalAddresses_Flat to the file which contains
@example.com=>localhost:25000 and set my local domains manually in the
textbox LocalDomains, ALL mail is rejected because of user unknown.

If anyone knows what could be wrong with my setup, please help me!

Also the option "block vrfy from external clients" is really useful, but
shouldn't there also be an option to block EXPN from external hosts?

Thank you very much!

Max