Hi,

Jeremy McNamara wrote:
Well, given that you didn't design H323 (The ITU did) or SSL (Netscape did as far as I remember), and you don't own the patents to g.729 I would say that you are full of shit and don't have any say in the matter.

That shows how totally ignorant you are. Open H.323, OpenSSL and G.729 are not compatible with the GPL. It has nothing to with who owns what.

You are making assumptions on _how_ OpenPBX would reach those functionalities. We all agree that

- It is not allowed to _link_ to g729 patented code in a GPL product
- It is not always (!) allowed to link OpenSSL and OpenH323 in a pure GPL product (see also http://www.openssl.org/support/faq.html#LEGAL2)

However there are design methods that allow one to reach the functionality through a different process.

Florian