Craig Lawrence wrote:
QUESTION

We are not considering sending these calls over the Public Internet.

If we use a Digium TDM400P x 2, 1 x TDM2400B or Sangoma A200d with 4 x FXO
and 4 x FXS would any of these bridge the outbound call such that the call
quality will not affect the performance and the Credit Card machine
transaction function?

Thanks

Craig

Make sure echo cancellation is turned off when bridged and set the data rate to 9600 on the POS if possible for best results. If you can tune your gains properly, it should work OK. I have had many problems with eventual success with this configuration for both fax and data. I have had much better luck bridging a T1 channel to an FXS since the gains and echo seem to just work at rxgain=0 txgain=0 echocancelwhenbridged=no echocancel=no.

Even then, it may not work 100%.  Your mileage may vary.

Thanks,
Steve