Gregory Boehnlein wrote:

>Greg,
>How could Digium make the sale?
>Do they have a "out of the box" consumer product that runs on Dell boxes?
>Sure they should/could build one, but they didn't.

Switchvox runs fine on most Dell hardware. It’s simply a matter of ensuring that the chipsets are compatible. Digium is a little more picky about this than Sangoma, but I have used Digium hardware in Dell servers w/out incident in the past. Yes, it requires some testing and engineering, but surely this can be accomplished.

I was not saying that they couldn't do it. They could, but they did not.

> Besides, Fonality has an ongoing revenue model, Digium doesn't.

Switchvox can easily provide a per-seat, per-month, per –channel licensing model, and the yearly support renewals for Switchvox certainly DO provide a recurring revenue model. The industry is starting to shift to “Software as a Service” models anyway, so this is something that could easily be achieved w/ Switchvox.

Again, could , should but didn't...

>The game is not over yet, there are other companies with strong distribution channels (HP, Cisco, Panasonic etc.)
>But first they have to decide if they want to play the game.
>Digium could do a Fonality type model, or a MySQL model, but they have to do more than just sell cards!
>
>3com just can't compete with Dell. How many small business owners (or the VARS that sell to them) speak every day
>to Dell and how many to 3com? Who has a bigger support organization geared to the SMB market?
>
>I am cheering for Digium, but they need to move faster....

All points I agree with. HP and IBM could be excellent partners for Digium to go to market with using Switchvox, but they do have to move quickly.

_______________________________________________ --Bandwidth and Colocation Provided by http://www.api-digital.com--

asterisk-biz mailing list
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: