On 1/5/09, Ken Rice <kr...@rmktek.com> wrote:
> We get prices in the 20 to 40 range not including cross connects for 100meg
>  commits.. I have heard as little as 14/meg from large resellers in Boston
>  and other places giving direct to L3 Ports...
>
>  And Cogent these days I have heard under $8/meg on 100meg commit...
>
>  (not that I would necessarily want to depend on cogent for my ITSP heh... A
>  multi-homed network with customers whos ISPs are single homed to cogent its
>  not a bad idea (and god forbid cogent and level3 de-peer again heh)

That all sounds about right... For 100meg commits.

We handle media, just not that much (thank god)!  We don't touch our
commits now, why would I pay more (even it isn't that much)?  I'm sure
we can bump our commits (and contracts) when (if) we need to.

As far as Cogent... Word.  Cogent and Sprint are still de-peered...

--
Kristian Kielhofner
http://blog.krisk.org