You'll note that I have a link to that guide in the "References" section.

There have been some changes in the new code that were not referenced Shawn's site, and also a more complete explanation of each field was required. At least, I had to learn a lot more about the ATA-186 than is contained in Shawn's excellent, if short, guide.

I needed to put this together myself for various clients and projects I'm working on, so I figured I'd submit it for general consumption.

JT

You could have just went here: http://www.djernes.org/~shawn/ata186.htm

Jeremy McNamara

John Todd wrote:

I really should be doing something better on this beautiful weekend, but I'm trying to save myself some time for later projects by documenting some things that have been particularly troublesome in the past. That being said...

I've written up a configuration guide for the Cisco ATA-186, which describes some of the features that are possible to set in the ATA and specifically what needs to be done to get it working with Asterisk.

It's not pretty, it's not HTML, but it's a lot of hints that I've collected from the list and other sources over the last year or so:

http://www.loligo.com/asterisk/Cisco/ATA-186-guide.v20030628.txt