All this talk of faxing has started me thinking (this is always a bad thing) and I've come up with a question.

Now, I know Asterisk can detect and route faxes, to a 'fax' extension and all that. But can Asterisk be used to 'receive' faxes?

I know there was some talk about this just over a year ago and I'm wondering if anything came of it. It would be nice to be able to receive faxes with asterisk and then have them filer through and AGI script and emailed or dumped in a directory/database/whatever.

I mean for me, currently, I have a fax/modem hooked up to the same machine asterisk is on, and it get's sent faxes via my FXS port. It would be nice to be able to pull off the modem and throw it away. (or auction it on ebay)
Regards,

Jamie Carl
Jazz Inc.
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]