WipeOut wrote:

Luis Vazquez wrote:

Hello all, I'm new to this list and starting with Asterisk.

Have any of you have tried a SIP client (like Microsoft messenger) to sent text messages and voice through an Asterix server?
Is this possible or the Asterix server simply can't manage this kind of traffic?

Regards,
  Luis

Are you asking if Asterisk supports SIMPLE, I have not head of any support for it..

If you are asking if Asterisk can be a M$ IM server then I am sure the answer is almost definately not..

Later..

You are right, i am searching for SIMPLE support with Asterisk, M$ IM is just a (bad?) example client that can handle voice and text messages in the same application.
I would like a lot to have a free client (or at least not M$'s) which could handle this over SIP.

Regards
Luis