Michiel van Baak wrote:
On 19:07, Fri 10 Jul 09, Steve Totaro wrote:

And convert those phones to SIP, forget chan_skinny.

Opinion time for me as well:
Dont. without bugreports chan_skinny will never be on par with chan_sip.
I know there are some segfaults with it here and there, but it's being
worked on.

Thanks for all for the feedback with this - I'd like to help where I can - I'm building another 1.6 system for the office to try out the exchange tie in so if the general consensus is SIP is ok - then that's good for me too as I only have access to a SIP phone there.

All my phones at home are Skinny so I was trying to kill two birds with one stone so to speak (get me on the latest version and play around with exchange). My  own 1.2 system is chugging along ok so far and there's no 'massive' need to move it over (ok other than servers sat in the lounge which the missus has a moan at every so often :-) ).

One thing I am unsure of - how do I get the dumps / information you want in a suitable format.I'm still a novice with Linux / Asterisk but I'll gladly get anything to help out (just need some pointers in the right direction).

Cheers
Wayne.