I'm running Asterisk 0.5.0 and using Cisco 7960 phones in a "sip only" configuration currently. Everything is working except that caller ID is hosed.

Say for example extension 100 calls extension 200. 200 sees "100" as the name but "200" as the number. IE, it gets its own number as the supposed CLID of the calling party.

This is flat out wrong. Am I doing something wrong or is Asterisk just terribly broken with respect to sending caller ID information properly?

Is this something that only effects Cisco phones?

Thanks,

John