Robert Hajime Lanning wrote:
<quote who="John Fraizer">

OK.  I upgraded to 0.7.2 but and also set a "callerid=" entry in sip.conf.
The behavior is the same.

Caller-ID is sent as "Name of Calling Party" <number of CALLED party>
instead of "Name of Calling Party" <number of CALLING party> like it should
be.

You are not setting the caller ID properly...

callerid = "string portion" <number portion>

If you want no string portion, then:

callerid = "" <number portion>

Um, yes I am setting the caller ID right. Asterisk isn't sending the invite message properly.

[100]
callerid= "test name" <1234>
type=friend
username=100
secret=secret
host=dynamic
fromuser=100
mailbox=100
context=allaccess
canreinvite=yes
dtmfmode=rfc2833
nat=yes

The "test name" part gets sent but, like I said, if extension 100 calls extension 2288888, the phone at 2288888 sees the caller-ID as "test name" <2288888>.

This happens with Asterisk 0.5 and Asterisk 0.7.2 both.

John