Karl Dyson wrote:

Well, I have a USR015630B, which, according to the FAQ supports (UK)
CLI. It supports the at #cli command, but no matter what I try, it will
not pick up the caller id. Lucky I already had it and didn't buy it
soley for this purpose! My caller display unit (unfortunately a CD60 --
which I've opened to look for CD50 like boards, chips etc) picks up CLI
no problem (as you'd expect), as do my DECT phones..... of course, only
when they're plugged into the line, and not when they're plugged into
the ATA186.

I have a USR modem too but it's a brick unfortunately... Pity as it was a nice modem... the right model too so it might have worked.

I wonder what it would take to get the zaptel drivers to pick up CID (or even a cheap conexxant modem or something like that) - these soft modems are pretty dumb so I'd expect there to be some scope for frobbing them to do new stuff.

Tony