Tony Hoyle wrote:

The CID specs look really simple... I'll definately have a go at implementing something like it. Just need to find a spec sheet for the Intel chipset in the FX100/FX101 (to see if you somehow see the pulse that comes just before the ring - I always wondered why phones tended to blip a second before starting to ring these days.. now I know).

Got my FX101 today, and it worked straight away (almost, there was a bug in the driver..). You can sample the line on-hook, so a CID driver looks doable ... Howver I found out that there was no CID info being transmitted before the ring.

Guess what... BT actually charge a monthly rental fee (£1.50 or ~$2.40 per month) for providing this information. Gotta love state monopolies hmm? Hope they don't take too long provisioning it...

Tony

--
Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Tony Hoyle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  Key ID: 104D/4F4B6917 2003-09-13
Fingerprint: 063C AFB4 3026 F724 0AA2  02B8 E547 470E 4F4B 6917