Karl Dyson wrote:

Of course, although my wife is happy with the Cisco 7905s that have sprung up around the house, she still likes the cordless DECT units we have, and so they're plugged into an ATA186. Problem is, they no longer display caller id due to the ATA186 not poking it out in BT format I guess. If I were to buy some US cordless handsets would they do the caller id display? Or am I pushing my luck now! (I'm afraid, nice as they look, the Cisco 7920 cordless phones are a bit out of my price range!!)

If you had CID to start with, I'd expect it to work - eg. you wouldn't get it from the POTS line but if a VOIP call came in and the ATA186 retransmitted that in US format then a US handset would pick it up.

The CID specs look really simple... I'll definately have a go at implementing something like it. Just need to find a spec sheet for the Intel chipset in the FX100/FX101 (to see if you somehow see the pulse that comes just before the ring - I always wondered why phones tended to blip a second before starting to ring these days.. now I know).

Tony

--
Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Tony Hoyle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  Key ID: 104D/4F4B6917 2003-09-13
Fingerprint: 063C AFB4 3026 F724 0AA2  02B8 E547 470E 4F4B 6917