Thomas Hupfeldt wrote:
Kristian Kielhofner wrote:

You want to make sure that /usr/src/linux points to
/usr/src/linux-2.4.22-37mdk.  Do this as root:

ln -s /usr/src/linux-2.4.22-37mdk /usr/src/linux

Done

On Mandrake standard kernels, I don't think that rtc is a module by
default.  Do this after running the above command:

grep -i rtc /usr/src/linux/configs/*

Does'nt work.. There is not a directory called configs..

and if CONFIG_RTC=y, then you need to recompile your kernel so that
CONFIG_RTC=m.

Do this by doing uname -r and seeing which kernel you have.  Copy that
config from /usr/src/linux/configs to /usr/src/linux/.config  Then:

the .config file was placed in the /linux/ folder..

1) cd /usr/src/linux

done

2) vi .config (change CONFIG_RTC=y to CONFIG_RTC=m)

I cant find this line.. I checked all 2000 lines, but i could'nt find it. So i wrote it and saved the file.

3) Change the Makefile so that EXTRAVERSION (line 4) reflects your new
version

Done

4) make oldconfig && make oldconfig && make dep && make install

done.. This takes several minutes

5) make sure that /boot/grub/grub.conf shows your new kernel

grub.conf does not exist..

6) reboot

Done

7) if everything morks, make the new kernel the default by updating
/boot/grub/grub.conf

every things works.. i think.. but I cant update the grub.conf, because it didnt exist.

8) Try to rebuild zaprtc.

:o( Still doesnt work..

Best Regards
Thomas H.

The /configs/* error could be because that is a redhat thing. I assumed that Mandrake followed redhat on that as well.

I don't know enough about zaprtc to know what those compilation errors mean. On mandrake, you may need to edit /boot/grub/menu.lst to boot your new kernel (or you might be using lilo, in which case you need to look it up. I haven't used lilo in years...). It is possible that the Mandrake people may have patched the kernel so that it isn't possible to build zaprtc against it, but I doubt it. Can someone who has done this on Mandrake 9.2 confirm this? I don't even have a system to look at.

Run uname -r to see if you are using your new kernel or not. Also try "modprobe rtc" and "lsmod | grep rtc" to see if you have rtc as a module yet.

--
Kristian Kielhofner