add an r to the end to your dial statement

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen David" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 12:06 PM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Outbound IAX calls stop ringing remote phone,yet can still pick up

Greetings,

I've recently encountered some strange behavior placing outbound calls using IAX via a VOIP provider. Intermittently, calls placed will ring the called phone a couple times, then the ringing stops. However, even after a few seconds of silence i can pick up the phone and the call is connected.

I've tried this with two different VOIP providers (voicepulse and nufone), and have experienced the behavior on both.

Any ideas? I would've thought that the voip provider would be responsible for generating the ring tones, but i'm not sure.

Regards,
Steve